Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Help! I Need Pattern Ideas!!

I need pattern ideas for some of my 'near and dear to me' fabrics.  

My hero, Betty Boop.  :-)

 (15 fat quarters)

I bought this bundle (24 fat quarters) of Keep It Sassy from Green Fairy Quilts.  I'd been eyeing this line forever, but could only find odd and end pieces here and there until recently.


And this lovely bundle (half yards) of Norwegian Woods came from Stash Modern Fabrics.


I'm still way new to this quilting thing, and I need ideas for patterns that will showcase the fabrics. So far I've only made quilts that consist of squares (anywhere from 5" to 10") and one with half-hexies


5 comments:

  1. I love the "This Way and That" Pattern from Sisters and Quilters for fabrics like your Betty Boop stack...although in that case I use a red or black solid where they use white. https://www.etsy.com/listing/129420587/this-way-that-with-cat-in-the-hat?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=this+way+and+that+sisters+and+quilters&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHHH I think the Bwtty Boop or Owl fabrics would look good in a pinwheel quilt like I did here: http://myplvl.blogspot.com/2014/01/picnic-quilt-finished.html. This quilt is easy to make and ya need 12 fat quarters in a set (which ya have) I know what ya mean, wanting to try something new. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am giving instructions on my blog right now for a quilt along. And I am using 12 print fat quarters plus two solid half yards to make a quilt. Just in case you are interested! http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.ca/2014/01/quilt-along-2014_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I rely on you and the other commenters to this thread for my pattern ideas lol great fabrics though so if inspiration strikes I will let you know;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, you definitely need bigger blocks to you can see the prints. Will have to think about that one. Check YouTube for a 10minute block its easy and quick to make.

    ReplyDelete