Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Bama Top Done ....

Got the top done for Gabbie's birthday 'Bama quilt. 

It will be backed in fleece (also a Bama print) and bound in houndstooth.  Quilting with fleece will be a new experience for this inexperienced quilter!

I have about a month to finish it, but since she is at my house three or four evenings a week, I really don't have much time to get it done.  Basically I will have two Saturdays to work on it uninterrupted (of course, that is if nobody else interrupts me!)



Also made another purse.  This one will be for my momma's birthday in just under two weeks. 


Inside pockets on both sides.  This side is divided into three pockets, the other side is divided into two pockets.  Magnetic closure.




Linking up with Lee @ Freshly Pieced, and Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation.

7 comments:

  1. Yea!! The quilt is great! And the purse is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you set off the novelty fabric! Super classy. Lovve it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! And I'm super impressed you made a purse. Those are a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful bag! I bought some magnetic closures and my next bag will have one. I hope it's not too hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure the birthday girl will love her Bama quilt. Of course I would love it better in purple and gold, haha! ;)

    Thanks so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your beautiful finishes!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete