The first one I actually cut a little too tall (I didn't use a pattern or specific tutorial, just started cutting!) so I left off the handles and turned down the top. I like it, but I really wanted one with handles for a gift for a co-worker's daughter, so I whipped up another one, slightly smaller overall, definitely shorter, and added handles. I really liked the way it turned out.
The exterior is flannel, the lining is lightweight cotton, and the 'batting' is felt.
This is the one I gifted:
And I added a couple of little 'accessories':
This is the first one I made:
It is available in my Etsy shop.
I plan to make a couple more of these (got a great deal on the fabric so I bought extra) with a pale green lining so it can be used for boys or for gifts when the gender is not known ahead of time.
Now it's time to get back to working on the Gabster's birthday quilt!