Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A New Custom Project ...

The person I made the custom pillow covers for last week has given me a new project. 
 
She is an elementary teacher and is going to decorate her room.
 
Today she brought me fabrics for valances (the aqua and the print).  She also included a picture a fellow teacher's room for an example of what she wants (see last photo).

 
She also brought fabric for chair pouches (and an example shown below).  These will be made from the green and navy fabric.  I've put the sample on a couple of 2x4's here for this picture, but these slip over the back of the students chairs, with a pocket for holding some of their supplies. 


 
These two projects should keep me busy until my fabric order (that I placed just this morning) comes in. 
 
Sadie will be getting a quilt made from the new Sasparilla collection. 
 
It's ok, I can tell you that because her Mommy and Daddy don't read my blog.  However, I can't share it on Facebook!
 
Yes, I'll be stalking the mailman ... again!
 
And I'll be at our local Hancock Fabrics Saturday (they are having a big sale) to get the fabric for Gabbie's birthday present (October). 
 
Shhhhhh, don't tell her, she is going to get a "Roll Tide" quilt!
 
No!  I do not have a fabric addiction.  Yet.  But I'm well on my way!
 
I almost forgot!  The co-worker's granddaughter who got the custom purse last week, wondered if perhaps her two dolls could have purses as well.  So I'll be fashioning some tiny pink/green purses for Isabella and Josephine!
 
:-)

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is a fabulous classroom with lots of color! Must be an imaginative,lovely teacher:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sweet of you to help her out that way! I have chair bags in my classroom and I love them! They are so handy.

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chair bag! I might need to my little guy one!

    ReplyDelete