Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hexies And More ...





I'm working along with Polly for this half-hexie quilt along.  You can see in her instructions I will need at least 84 half-hexies.


You can see in this picture I need 82 more! 


I had planned to cut quite a lot last night while the wee one was at Bible School, but instead I had to spend my time on the phone with DirecTV about some issues with my DVR (still not resolved, still troubleshooting, which means another call today, argh!)

So this morning before work I just had to cut those two hexies just to see what it was all about.  Yay!  I love them!  Will be time consuming til I get a few under my belt then I hope it will speed up. I'll cut more tonight (I should get a lot done with no tv to watch, right?)

I also went to our local thrift store yesterday to look for baby things (I go at least twice a week!)

I got this baby bathtub ... and loaded it up with fabric pieces!


The yellow and hot pink pieces are a jersey type fabric that I hope will make up into some baby washcloths / towels, or maybe the backs of some burp cloths / bibs (or all of the above!)

The green is corduroy, the burgundy is fleece (a HUGE piece for $1.00), 2 yard of the orange cotton (I have some Halloween fat quarters / remnants that I can pair this with). 

I also scored this playmat (with lights and sound!) for $2.00!


*********************
Please remember to check my right-hand sidebar for all the places I love to link to!

Edited to add:  Wednesday night I got three (of nine) fabrics cut!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty fabric for your half hexes! Hope you're able to get lots of cutting done tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hexies! I am a big fan of black, red & white together- love those prints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula...I'll be doing the Hexi-Along also....and am just getting to cutting them today. Looking forward to sharing our progress.

    Val @ myplvl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the half hexies! I'm looking forward to seeing more progress!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are kindred spirits Paula, we have the same blog background, you are a thrifty shopper and you are doing the hexies by halves!!!

    ReplyDelete